Hematology is the specialized branch of medicine that studies and treats blood, blood-forming organs and diseases of the blood. These conditions may be malignant, meaning cancerous, or benign, meaning non-cancerous. In some cases, hematology overlaps with medical oncology, especially if malignant conditions, such as leukemia, are treated. The Institute specializes in both medical oncology and hematology for that very reason.
We provide adult patients with the latest treatments for all disorders of the blood, including benign and malignant hematological conditions and vascular disorders, such as:
- Chronic leukemias
- Myeloproliferative and myelodysplastic disorders
- Low and high blood counts, including white cells and platelet disorders
- Bleeding and clotting disorders, including inherited coagulation disorders
- Iron-related disorders
In addition, we use a team approach on conditions that involve an evaluation of bleeding, clotting and blood vessels, such as:
- DVT and PE assessment
- Bleeding and clotting related to pregnancy
- Bleeding and clotting related to surgery and procedures
- Therapeutic phlebotomies
They made mefeel like I was their only patient, not just another number. The care I received during this difficult time was truly amazing.
Bringing advanced integrative medicine to Alaska.
Commitment and technology.
"The team is committed to brining the latest technologies and advanced treatment options."
We celebrate your victory.