Patient Rights & Responsibilities
Alaska Cancer Treatment Center is committed to protecting and promoting each patient’s basic rights.
We prohibit discrimination based on age, race, ethnicity, religion, culture, language, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression.
- A patient or his or her parent or legally designated representative has the responsibility to provide, to the best of his or her knowledge, accurate and complete information about present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and other matters relating to his or her health. He or she has the responsibility to report unexpected changes in his or her condition and for making it known whether he or she clearly comprehends a contemplated course of action and what is expected of him or her.
- A patient or his or her parent or legal designated representative is responsible for following the treatment plan recommended by the practitioner primarily responsible for his or her care. This may include following the instructions of health care personnel as they carry out the coordinated plan of care and implement the responsible practitioner’s orders, and as they enforce the applicable department or facility rules and regulations. This also includes the patient or legal representative’s participation in the formulation of the plan of care / treatment plan and goals. The patient is responsible for keeping appointments and, when unable to do so for any reason, for notifying the responsible practitioner or department / facility.
- The patient or his or her parent or legal designated representative is responsible for his or her actions if he or she refuses treatment or does not follow the practitioner’s instructions. If the patient cannot follow through with the treatment, he or she is responsible for informing the physician.
- The patient or his or her parent or legal designated representative is responsible for assuring that the financial obligations of his health care are fulfilled as promptly as possible. The patient is responsible for providing information for insurance.
- The patient or his or her parent or legal designated representative is responsible for following department / facility rules and regulations affecting patient care conduct.
- The patient or his or her parent or legal designated representative is responsible for being considerate of the rights of other patients and personnel, and for assisting in the control of noise, smoking, and number of visitors. The patient is responsible for being respectful of the property of other persons and of the department / facility.
- A patient’s health depends not just on their care, but, in the long term, on the decisions he or she makes in his or her daily life. He or she is responsible for the effects of their lifestyle on their personal life.
- The patient or his or her parent or legal designated representative is responsible for reporting safety concerns to the Health care provider.
They made mefeel like I was their only patient, not just another number. The care I received during this difficult time was truly amazing.
Bringing advanced integrative medicine to Alaska.
Commitment and technology.
"The team is committed to brining the latest technologies and advanced treatment options."
We celebrate your victory.